Here at Exclusively Eastbourne Holiday Homes, it won’t surprise you to hear that we’re huge fans of holiday letting, but perhaps you might be interested to hear some of the benefits?
Maybe you’re in the fortunate position of already owning a second property or are thinking about purchasing a house or apartment close to Eastbourne and the Sunshine Coast, but there are certain dynamics that make it a very appealing prospect:
- Demand for self-catering properties is booming! Don’t just take our word for it – VisitBritain reckons average occupancy rates for holiday lets have increased 4% over the last year.
- Enjoy significant tax benefits – compared with traditional longer lets, with a furnished holiday home your rental income can be treated more advantageously for tax purposes than from other rental income. These benefits can include 100% Capital Allowances on the first £250,000 of capital expenditure incurred, and Capital Gains Tax reliefs should you come to sell your holiday home in the future.
- Help the local economy – Holiday homes play a vital role in supporting the local community through visitor expenditure and job creation (particularly during peak season). When visitors stay in your property they’ll inevitably spend the majority of their money within a ten-mile radius, allowing for local shops, pubs, restaurants and service providers to thrive.
- You get to enjoy a holiday! Perhaps the most important element to remember is that the property is yours and you get to use it whenever you want to. You have complete control, with live availability via our Exclusively Eastbourne website, and can either block out holidays in advance, or simply take advantage of any late availability for a quick getaway!
- We make it easy and hassle free – offering a complete service from marketing to check-ins, taking care of your entire needs from housekeeping and maintenance, taking payments and dealing with potential disputes, to marketing your holiday home and generating bookings.
Why not give us a call on 01323 722774 to talk through your ideas and requirements or we are happy to meet up over a coffee – we’ve been immersed in Eastbourne and holidays homes for nearly six years and would be delighted to share our knowledge and help you find a plan which is right for you.